problems with uucp

Art Gentry gentry at kcdev.UUCP
Thu Jun 8 06:19:22 AEST 1989

In article <1526 at infmx.UUCP>, jms at infmx.UUCP (John Stephens) writes:
> I am having a problem with some (but not all) of my uucp connections.
> After negotiating a login and begining the protocol, we are getting
> a number of alarms instead of packet completions (CY ?).  This occurs
> at random times, early in the transmission and both when sending and
> receiving  files.
>
> [additional verbage deleted]

I have had the same problem 2 times and both times it was the other ends'
modem eating dc1/dc3 characters.  Some modems allow you to set the flow
control directly within the modem, for uucp transfers, this must be disabled
since uucico expects to see the dc1 character in its packet.  Turning off
this option in the far end modems cleared up the problem for me both times.

--
| R. Arthur Gentry     AT&T Communications     Kansas City, MO     64106 |
| Email: killer!kcdev!gentry         ATTMail: attmail!kc4rtm!gentry      |