Anybody ever heard of DUAL

Harry Gross hjg at amms4.UUCP
Tue Jun 27 08:08:40 AEST 1989

>>In article <11791 at duorion.cair.du.edu> bshafer at dunike.UUCP (Bob Shafer) writes:
>>>There is a company called DUAL that makes a UNIX box.  Has anyone ever
>>>heard of them?  Is there anybody that actually has touched one?  Are
>>>they any good?

I had occasion to use the DUAL/Unisoft systems in the early 80's.  They were
excruciatingly slow.  I never did find out if it was the hardware or the
software.  It certainly couldn't have been the number of users, as there were
only about 6 or seven per machine :-).

In article <2080 at unisoft.UUCP> bridget at unisoft.UUCP (Bridget Dobbins) writes:
>Dual Systems, which was founded in Berkeley, California, in the late 1970s
>went bankrupt almost a year ago.

If memory serves correctly, the DUAL boxes were based on the S-100 bus (from
CP/M fame) (or was it the Intel Multi-bus they used?  Now I am not sure).
This might help to explain their demise :-)

--
		Harry					 |  reserved for
							 |  something really
Internet: hjg at amms4.UUCP   (we're working on registering)|  clever - any
UUCP: {jyacc, qtny, rna, bklyncis}!amms4!hjg		 |  suggestions?