Need help spawning a child

Jan Morales janm at eliot.UUCP
Fri Jun 23 08:53:33 AEST 1989

In article <873 at cbnewsl.ATT.COM> Greg Pasquariello writes:
>Simply use signal() to ingnore the death of a child.  In SVR3.2 this will
>have the desired effect of letting the child die without creating
>zombies.

About a year ago I moved from working primarily on System V systems to
working on BSD-derived ones.  I used to assume this was true from my
experience on System V but it appears not to be true for the SunOS 4.0.1
I work on now.  Neither "signal(SIGCLD, SIG_IGN)" nor the equivalent
sigvec() call seem to do the trick; I always get zombies that must be
waited for.  Is this true or am I missing something?

Jan
--
{uunet,pyramid}!pyrdc!eliot!janm