Re^2: Vi

David Elliott dce at Solbourne.COM
Tue Jun 13 12:56:43 AEST 1989

In article <2731 at piraat.cs.vu.nl> maart at cs.vu.nl (Maarten Litmaath) writes:
>Leo's sed `solution' makes 2 things clear:
>
>	1) sed ought to have C escape sequences like '\t'
>	2) sed ought to have some kind of `run' specifier
>	   - quick: how many dots did Leo put on the `/<dots>/!{' line?

	3) Leo has way too much free time. ;-)

Seriously, it would be nice if sed had C escapes AND a way to specify
whitespace.  Often is the time when I type

	[ 	][ 	]*

and wish I had a nice way to abbreviate whitespace.

Also, doesn't System V have a way to do "runs"?  I seem to recall
something like following an re with {min,max}.

--
David Elliott		dce at Solbourne.COM
			...!{boulder,nbires,sun}!stan!dce