UNIX Books

Samuel B. Bassett samlb at magellan.arc.nasa.gov
Tue Jun 13 08:01:22 AEST 1989

	I am putting together a list of recommended books on UNIX for
computer-literate but UNIX-naive users here at Ames.  We are going to be
ordering and shipping a few hundred interactive workstations ove the next
couple of years, and the researchers who get them will be needing some
explanations of how UNIX works -- specifically, in English and with
examples -- unlike the UNIX man pages.

	If you have any favorite books, please drop me a line via e-mail,
so as not to clutter up the board

adTHANKSvance

Sam'l Bassett, Sterling Software @ NASA Ames Research Center,
Moffett Field CA 94035 Work: (415) 694-4792;  Home: (415) 454-7282
samlb%well at lll-crg.ARPA                 samlb at pioneer.arc.nasa.gov
<Standard Disclaimer> := 'Sterling doesn't _have_ opinions -- much less NASA!'