Anybody ever heard of DUAL

Bob Shafer bshafer at udenva.cair.du.edu
Sat Jun 10 07:50:18 AEST 1989

I thank everyone who has replied to my original request for information.
Including a person who at one time worked at Dual and the keeper of
a mailing list for users of old Dual equipment.

The consensus appears to be that the company has gone out of business.

However, I just received sales literature from someone in Denver that
is selling stuff for Dual Systems Corporation.  It includes a phone number
if anyone is interested in verifying it's existence or not (we will either
go with a MIPS (a real nice special for the educational market this month)
or an 80386 implementation.  The phone number is (415)785-8890.

The sales literature says they are selling a box with a 68030 on a VME bus.
They also are selling their VME controllers separately.

I am not sure if this is the same company that everyone else thought was
defunct, but there does appear to be a company named Dual that sells
Unix boxes now.

Bob Shafer

Colorado Alliance of Research Libraries
Internet:	bshafer at du.edu