shared memory problems

Mencaraglia Francesco SPETTRI%IFIIDG.BITNET at cunyvm.cuny.edu
Tue Jun 13 23:31:58 AEST 1989

While experimenting with shared memory segments I have made some terrible
mistake; i have now two segments ( which I may see with the ipcs command )
with key 0x0000001 and 0x00cf75 ( yes , this is not a typo error ) and I
cannot succeed in throwing them away; I tried without success with the ipcrm
but the only thing I get is that the key becomes 0x000000 ( IPC_PRIV I suppose)
the mode becomes D-rw-rw-rw- and the segment stay there ready to reappear at
the next bootstrap.
The only thing I noticed is that the segment is not present when I am in level
1 (init 1).
Has anybody some helpful suggestion ? Please if possible e-mail as I am not a
current subscriber to the list
                                           F. Mencaraglia