Frequently asked questions -> usenet vs. internet

Rich Zellich zellich at st-louis-emh2.army.mil
Wed Jun 7 22:38:01 AEST 1989

David Lawrence suggests everyone should read news.announce.newusers and
the monthly posting to comp.unix.{questions,wizards}.

PLEASE, all of you who are arguing about having a Frequently Asked Questions
posting, remember that "info-unix" (listed as the To: address in Mr. Lawrence's
message - NOT a usenet newsgroup) is an *internet mailing list*.  Many of us
get our info-unix and unix-wizards feed as mail on the net, and *not* as a
newsgroup via the usenet.  We *don't have access to* monthly postings and
"abc.xyz.announce', etc.

You can flame at people all you want for not reading the standard newsgroup
items, but if they don't get it, they can't read it...you're talking at a
mixed audience here, folks...we ain't all on the usenet, and the monthly
and other administrivia postings *aren't gatewayed*.