Time in prompt?

Alex Williams cs9h7atw at cybaswan.UUCP
Thu Jun 15 21:13:44 AEST 1989

In article <1106 at ucrmath.UCR.EDU> yakker at bartok.UUCP (The Rastafari Yakker) writes:
>There are a number of ways to put the time into the prompt,
>
>          set prompt = "(`date '+%H:%M:%S'`):  "
>
>This works, but the time isn't updated.  The C shell has to be reset
>in order to update the time.  If you wanted to constantly update the
>time, you would have to run a constant (C) shell in the background that
>runs a command and then updates the prompt time.
>

>      set prompt = "(`date '+%H:%M:%S'`):  "
>      alias cd 'chdir \!*; set prompt = "(`date '+%H:%M:%S'`):  "'
>
>Other than this, I don't know of another way to correctly change the
>time without creating another shell in the background and making it
>more of a bother than checking your watch.

Yes, this is my problem and I agree about the watch bit but don`t own one!
(Send flames to West Glamorgan County Council Grants Dept. :-( ! )
Ok, so how do I set a vt220's time to be system time on my login?

						Alex

--
Janet: pyr.swan.ac.uk					 UUCP : cybaswan.uucp

Alex Williams:	 Department of Computer Scence, University College Swansea,
		 	Singleton Park, Swansea, Wales.