Unix regular expression question grep, sed

rkc rkc at XN.LL.MIT.EDU
Thu Jun 1 06:44:02 AEST 1989

I have a case where I want to delete, from a text file, something that looks
like:

/*name*/
...lots of multiple line junk
/*name*/

Everything between the /*name*/ AND both of the /*name*/ lines must be
removed.  Finally, name is a known specific name, but the multiple line junk
varies from time to time.  I cannot figure out how to write the regular
expression, so if some SED/GREP guru can help me out (maybe with a short
description of why it works) I'd really appreciate it.
E-mail answers; I'll post if others are interested.
		Thanks,
		-Rob