Is there any wordprocessor in unix

David J Bell dbell at cup.portal.com
Tue Jun 27 15:38:57 AEST 1989

>From David Goodenough:

>From article <7868 at bsu-cs.bsu.edu>, by mysore at bsu-cs.bsu.edu (Swamy Bale):
>> Hi everybody
>>
>>    Just wondering, is there any word processor utility in UNIX bsd 4.2
>
>Nothing WYSIWYG (thank goodness :-) )
>Try ?roff (nroff, troff, roff, ptroff, glorkroff, ......)
>--
>dg at lakart.UUCP - David Goodenough

OK, *roff will *format* most anything I want. But what about a friendly,
near-modeless, full-screen editor? Like WordPerfect, frinstance? And for
that matter, what the hell's wrong with WYSIWYG, other than being a greatly
overworked buzzword? Some of the tools available to PC's and (ick..) MAC's
are not only useful, but powerful. Why should UNIX be denied the same tools?

Dave      dbell at cup.portal.com