deleting ugly file names (was Re: Ugly file name)

Blair P. Houghton bph at buengc.BU.EDU
Fri May 19 06:55:58 AEST 1989

In article <4438 at omepd.UUCP> merlyn at intelob.intel.com (Randal L. Schwartz @ Stonehenge) writes:
>way to delete really nasty filenames is:
>
>(1) find yourself a *dumb* terminal (at least something that doesn't
>interpret control characters)

Hay!  I resemble that remark!

Get yerself a VT340, probably the _least_ "*dumb*" terminal ever before,
or ever again (considering everybody's buying windowing bitmap terminals
these days, and it's software, not the terminal, that provides all the
function, there) and switch the setup option for "Control Representation
Mode" from "interpret controls" to "display controls".

Do the rest of what Mr. Schwartz suggests (although it's overkill).

_Now_ grab a cold one (in my case it's a 750ml can of Fosters.
As in "the biggah the bettah, mate", except I'm not a little,
weasely yuppie, I'm a big, oafish, hippie-lookin' grad student. :)

				--Blair
				  "Hay!  I resemble that remark!"