AIX (is it unix)?

Guy Harris guy at auspex.auspex.com
Sun Sep 24 07:17:30 AEST 1989

 >>SysV simply
 >>does not have the capability to provide everything that BSD provides.
 >
 >Which some see as being a feature ... Bigger does not necessarily mean
 >better.

These days, I'm not sure BSD is any "bigger" than S5....

>Clearly not. Without something like Streams, you can't easily add support
>for new protocols.

I shall let the people doing the OSI implementation for BSD, and doing
protocol implementations for streams, fight this one out; all I'll say
is that I don't see any evidence to back up a claim stated as bluntly as
"without something like streams...".