stripping off before ----

dkonerding at eagle.wesleyan.edu dkonerding at eagle.wesleyan.edu
Mon Sep 11 01:10:15 AEST 1989

	I've got a simple (and serious) question:  I'm new to Unix (a friend
got me an account on a computer halfway across the world.  I've been using
EVE (VMS editor) for ages now, and I've gotten quite used to it.  Now I'm
using ed and vi, and I want to make my life easier-- I get files (often in
part01...part0n) using FTP and when they are shar format, I need to get rid of
everything before the "---------" line.  How can I accomplish this without a
great deal of work?  I've been reading the man page of ed, but since I'm very
busy, I haven't had time to experiment.  I'm basically typing "1,10l" to see
how many lines I have until I hit the "-----", and then typing "1,nd", but
this is slow and little more than a kludge.  Is there a program that will
strip off all text before the '-----" that I can FTP anonymously?  One that
will allow me to "strip part*" (wildcard strip)?  Thanks!

|DKONERDING at EAGLE.WESLEYAN.EDU		  |My opinions are not those of Apple|
|DKONERDING%EAGLE at WESLEYAN(?)             |Computer, or DEC, or IBM, or even |
|_________________________________________|Raphael Juarez, which is fortunate|
                         		  |because I don't work for any of   |