Security and logins

Harry Skelton harrys at tons61.UUCP
Fri Sep 22 21:46:16 AEST 1989

[ refs from: ]
>From: bob at omni.com (Bob Weissman)
>From: mrm at Sceard.COM (M.R.Murphy)
>From: msdc!peter at gatech.edu (Peter N. Wan)
>From: Dave Remien <dave at uunet.uu.net>
[ and poster not able to accept sugestions ]

Here at the DOT we have a login.c program that can secure any terminal or
lockout any user from any terminal with a few configuration files.  The
source was obtained from our vendor but the basic source was of USENET
postings.  In /etc there are files such as /etc/securetty /etc/nologin
/etc/issue [*sic*] and others that allow configuration of modem ports,
regular terminal ports, prohibit root logins (actually pretty nice
considering) and more!

Check your local archive site for the 'login' sources.  If you need a good
copy - e-mail me and I'll ship you the version(s) we have.

BTW: ours support remote system logins....with security
--
Harry Skelton - Senior Systems Administrator - U.S. Dept. of Transportation
   ..!attctc!tons61!harrys ..!obdient!tons61!harrys ..!tfd!tons61!harrys