Converting wait3() to System V

Guy Harris guy at auspex.auspex.com
Tue Sep 19 04:23:02 AEST 1989

 >> 	I hope you can give me some pointers. I am trying to port
 >> an application from a 4.3 BSD UNIX to System V. ...
 >
 >Try using waitpid().  You'll need to include <sys/wait.h>, if you haven't
 >already.

Try *finding* "waitpid()", or <sys/wait.h>.  They're not in the S5R3.0 or
S5R3.1 source distributions from AT&T, and so aren't likely to be in your
vendor's version of those systems unless said vendor added them....  They
weren't in earlier S5 releases from AT&T, either.

They may be in the S5 you have, and may even be in e.g. S5R3.2, but the
original poster didn't indicate what version of S5 he had, so he may not
have the same version you do.  It's often unwise to assume that
something that's in your UNIX is in all versions of UNIX, or even in all
versions of UNIX in the same "family", unless you're fairly familiar
with several members of said family and the history of said family....