Centering lines in vi

Art Dederick art at felix.UUCP
Tue Sep 12 11:12:07 AEST 1989

In article <2283 at umbc3.UMBC.EDU> rostamia at umbc3.UMBC.EDU (Rouben Rostamian) writes:

>Does anyone know a combination of commands that will center a given line
>(or better yet, a range of lines) in vi?

I do this by mapping a key sequence to pass the range of lines through
nroff using the .ce request.  I'm sure there are other formatters that
could do the same.  The use of filters to operate on vi's buffer has
long been a means to add functionality to vi without the baggage of
extra use-once-in-a-while code in vi.

My $.02 on the subject.

Art D.			art at felix.uucp