Security and logins

Randy Suess randy at chinet.chi.il.us
Wed Sep 27 01:06:31 AEST 1989

In article <113 at tons61.UUCP> harrys at tons61.UUCP (Harry Skelton) writes:
]
]Here at the DOT we have a login.c program that can secure any terminal or
]lockout any user from any terminal with a few configuration files.  The
]source was obtained from our vendor but the basic source was of USENET
]postings.  In /etc there are files such as /etc/securetty /etc/nologin
]/etc/issue [*sic*] and others that allow configuration of modem ports,

	This was originally written by a local user, Dave Ihnat
	(ignatz at chinet.chi.il.us) for chinet a number of years
	ago.  Conditional compiles for SysV, V7, XENIX, BSD,
	privledged lines, privledged users based on uid, gid, login
	shell (i.e. uucico for uucp only lines), passwd ageing,
	lastlog capabilities, etc.  I believe he either did or is
	in the process of adding /etc/shadow.  Source available.
-randy

--
Randy Suess
randy at chinet.chi.il.us