Wanted: UNIX spreadsheet

John Campbell jdc at naucse.UUCP
Wed Sep 20 03:34:44 AEST 1989

>From article <224 at fe2o3.UUCP>, by rusty at fe2o3.UUCP (Rusty Haddock):
: In article <5343 at tank.uchicago.edu> phd_ivo at gsbacd.uchicago.edu writes:
:    >The best thing is that it comes with source. The worst thing is that it is
:    >NOT Lotus 1-2-3 compatible, neither in appearance, nor command set nor file
:    >structure.
:
: And it doesn't draw pretty little color graphs either. 1/2 :-}
: I may be wrong, but didn't James Gosling start on VC {\bf BEFORE}
: 1-2-3 became the success it is today?

Ah, but a few of us who have gnuplot laying around note that it *is* possible
to make little graphs jump out of SC.  Ripping off all the low level
drivers from gnuplot should make the task doable in *someone's* free time.
(My free time is < 0, otherwise I'd be working on it...)
--
	John Campbell               ...!arizona!naucse!jdc
                                    CAMPBELL at NAUVAX.bitnet