pmap, mmap, iomap... what unixes are these available on?

John Plocher plocher%sally at Sun.COM
Wed Sep 13 07:20:33 AEST 1989

In article <7634 at ecsvax.uncecs.edu> uccjcm at ecsvax.uncecs.edu (John McLendon) writes:

>to be able to memory map a register based board we produce
>Does anyone know if AT&T can do this with the latest SYSV/386?

The latest SYSV/386 is Vr4.0 (Not avaliable in stores, send CASH via email to late
night scams, PO BOX ....) and it does have mmap().  Vr3.2 has a mechanism to map in the
video memory into a shared memory segment, (see discussion here about 2 months ago
(June/July))

BTW, Vr4 is nice.  It has *LOTS* of neat features, like job control, symbolioc
links, RFS and NFS, Sun RPC, YP, ANSI C, lightweight processes, and 50# of doc!
I just wish I had the time to hack - I could write so many nifty things!

   -John Plocher