Retyping commands

Raymond C. Pineda pineda at cory.Berkeley.EDU
Sat Sep 16 09:30:30 AEST 1989

In article <30 at dynasys.UUCP> root at dynasys.UUCP (Super user) writes:

>Before working with unix, I worked with dos and I was wondering if there was
>any way to do the following in unix:  in dos hitting F2 or F3 would give you
>the last command you typed.  Is there anyway to do this in unix?  Thanx.
>--

	In the C-shell, the history mechanism allows you to save
	your most recent commands depending on the value of the `history
	`history' variable (history=20 saves most recent 20 commands).
	To access these commands, you use `!!' to get the last command
	executed.  There are other things you can do with the history
	mechanism too numerous to describe here.  I don't know about other
	versions of unix.

Raymond C. Pineda
pineda at cory.berkeley.edu
(other mail-address forms unknown...you look it up)