AIX Pedigree

Dennis P. Moynihan DMOYNIHA%WAYNEST1.BITNET at cornellc.cit.corn
Fri Sep 29 05:36:23 AEST 1989

>From: "John R. Brinkema" <brinkema at fjcnet.gov>
>Subject: AIX pedigree (and unique features)
>Date: 26 Sep 89 17:58:29 GMT
>To:       info-unix at sem.brl.mil

>Could someone please tell me the pedigree of AIX (from 4.x, System III, etc)
>and list some of the major features that are 1) unique to AIX and 2) different
>from its parent(s) {ie. interesting to someone who is porting to/from AIX.
>                  tia.  jb.

There is a glossy publication entitled, simply, "AIX".  It doesn't have the
usual IBM manual number but the back cover says additional copies are
available by calling 1-800-722-4880 (or by fax to (407) 265-0344).
While this pub. is of course heavy on the marketing hype, it does go into
a pretty good overview of AIX features, the positioning of the entire
product line, and the history (which was kinda neat because it freely
mentioned a lot of IBM competitors).