need info re tektronix graphics

Earle R. Horton earleh at eleazar.dartmouth.edu
Fri Sep 15 16:13:25 AEST 1989

In article <2372 at ucsfcca.ucsf.edu> robin at ccb.ucsf.edu (Robin Colgrove) writes:
>We recently bought Versaterm Pro for the MacII
>and I've been using it for tektronix emulation

>... Now, all I know about tektronix
>is what I find in the relevant man sections of the
>unix plot function...

To take full advantage of the graphics capabilities of VersaTerm PRO,
you should acquire a Tektronics 4105 manual.  The unix plot library is
for the Tektronix 4014, which is a nice graphics terminal but not
nearly so advanced as the 4105.  Look in the back of your VersaTerm
PRO manual and it should list the publications you need.  There is
also some programming information in the VersaTerm PRO manual, so you
can get started even before you get the publications from Tektronix.

Once you get the integer and coordinate encoding scheme figured out,
the rest is pretty straightforward.

Earle R. Horton