freopen - no file name available

John Nall nall at loligo.cc.fsu.edu
Sun Sep 24 22:29:05 AEST 1989

If one uses freopen to temporarily use a file for which only the
stream pointer is available  (freopen(filename,access,FILE *)
is there any way to subsequently use freopen to go BACK to using
the original stream?  (This can probably be rephrased as "is there
a way to go from a stream pointer to the original file name").

I have humbly did the required rituals - RTFM'd, asked local guru's,
and checked Unix Most Frequent Questions, but to save my ego in case
this is a stupid question "I Am Only Asking For A Friend".

John Nall                              Internet:  nall at nu.cs.fsu.edu
Computer Science Department            Florida State University
    "Today, a Moon Moth -- tomorrow, a Sea Dragon Conquerer!!"