BSD 4.X manuals available?

Kemp at DOCKMASTER.NCSC.MIL Kemp at DOCKMASTER.NCSC.MIL
Fri Sep 22 00:22:13 AEST 1989

 > > Does anyone know where I can get an entire set of manuals for BSD
 > > without having to get a specific hardware vendors set. (ie, DEC
 > > ULTRIX, etc...)
 > And me! I'm almost in the same situation. So - please point us to
 > TFM's please!

And why are you so reluctant to use a specific vendor's manual set?  If
your life is hell without manuals, I should think anything would be
better than nothing.  And, in fact, I happen to think that Sun's manuals
are pretty good.

A specific vendor's manuals will describe features that that vendor has
added, but if you are porting from generic BSD to SYSV, that shouldn't
cause any problems.

Usenix or some publisher may publish a perfectly good manual set; I
don't know.  But if not, use DEC or HP/APOLLO or SUN or ???  and
quitcherbitchin.

   Dave Kemp  <Kemp at dockmaster.ncsc.mil>