Biological use of Workstations

Roy Smith roy at phri.UUCP
Fri Sep 29 11:36:10 AEST 1989

In article <1717 at naucse.UUCP> jdc at naucse.UUCP (John Campbell) writes:
> Does anyone know [...] anything that utilizes the incredible graphics
> capability of modern workstations to aid in instruction or research
> in biology

	Just a few examples off the top of my head that are going on around
here.  Analysis of Scanning Transmission Electron Microscope images on a
Sun-3/160C; very graphics oriented.  Molecular modelling of filamentous
viruses on 3/160s; mostly mathematical modelling, not much in the way of
graphics, could be done on any floating point CPU.  Drawing molecular
models on Mac-II.  The possibilities are endless.
455 First Avenue, New York, NY 10016
{att,philabs,cmcl2,rutgers,hombre}!phri!roy -or- roy at alanine.phri.nyu.edu
"The connector is the network"