What is ps_data's permissions? && What is cklock1 and cklock?

Brian Bishop brian at grebyn.com
Thu Sep 28 10:45:45 AEST 1989

 Every now and then a get a puzzling message or two on my console. One
is:

  ln: cklock and cklock1 are identical

 I surmise that two files that are the same are trying yo be linked
together, but what is doing this, and why? A quick 'find' over the
entire file system shows no such files.

The other message shows up when you try to do a ps, it's something like:

unable to unlink ps_data: contact system administrator

Well, I AM the system administrator! This seems to be a minor
permissions problem with ps_data; however, it keeps returning every now
and then.

  These aren't serious problems, but they bother me, so if anyone can
explain them, I'd appreciate it. I'm using cubix V.3.1 (kind of
micro-porty, although I've seen the first one with Interactive V.3.0
too).

  Thanks!

    Brian Bishop