pg command on System 5

Jeff Benjamin benji at hpfcdq.HP.COM
Fri Sep 22 06:12:28 AEST 1989

> > We have a Unisys 5000/80 running System 5.3.  Does 'pg'
> > utility have an environment variable which can be set,
> > to automatically run options such as 'pg -cn'?
>
> Yes, it's "PG."  I use:
>
> PG="-ns =p --more(p%d)--"; export PG

Oops.  This is an HP-UX-ism, not a SysV-ism.  I was too hasty; I figured
since HP-UX conforms to the SVID...  Sorry to mislead anybody.

Instead, why not just set up an alias for pg that includes the option:

alias pg="pg -ns -p --more(p%d)--"

> P.S. This *is* in the manpage.

Well, it was in my manpage :-}

-----
Jeff Benjamin                         {ucbvax,hplabs}!hpfcla!benji
Graphics Technology Division          benji%hpfcla at hplabs.HP.COM
Hewlett Packard Co.                   Fort Collins, Colorado