resetting terminal size.

Richard Steinberger ric at ace.sri.com
Fri Apr 13 01:06:54 AEST 1990

Sometimes I telnet/rlogin into a Unix machine from an X-terminal or
workstation.  The windows are often bigger than 32 lines.  I'd like to be
able to use "all" of this space while working on the Unix computer, and have
tried "stty rows 32".  This seems to register the row entry ("stty all"
shows rows as set to 32), but there is no change in the way the window is
used (i.e., the bottom 8 lines remain unused, only the top 24 are active.)
Is there another approach I should be using?  Usually, TERM is set to vt100,
and eval `tset -s Q` is done at login.  Thanks for any help or
suggestions.

-ric steinberger
ric at ace.sri.com