Integrated editing and compiling with vi

Brad Appleton brad at SSD.CSD.HARRIS.COM
Wed Apr 11 08:04:51 AEST 1990

In article <3661 at hcx1.SSD.CSD.HARRIS.COM> brad at SSD.CSD.HARRIS.COM (Brad Appleton) writes:

>I do NOT want a C program (I have one already). Please do not tell me how
>emacs can already do all this - I know that.

I will make a modification to this: C programs that arent mega-huge are
acceptable.  But PLEASE dont send me yet-another-message about mcc. I
have mcc (as well as a C program of my own). C programs will have a
definite edge in execution speed over scripts however and I didnt
want all you one-liner Guru's out there to be cheated by that. I will
take this into consideration when analyzing any submissions!!!

I should also add that it would be "nice" if your script properly handles
cases where an error message may occur in a file that was included by
the source file. This message should be inserted into the .h file
and remainig messages should go into the .c file. The mcc that I have
does not quite handle this case properly.

>Please send e-mail! Post only if your e-mail bounces! I will summarize.

Oh yeah -- and keep your scripts coming ... I only have a few thus far!

 Brad Appleton         Harris Computer Systems         brad at ssd.csd.harris.com
 (305) 973-5007        Fort Lauderdale, FL USA        {uunet,novavax}!hcx1!brad
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= Disclaimer: I said it, not my company! -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-