pic graphics

Doug Gwyn gwyn at smoke.BRL.MIL
Fri Apr 13 04:44:06 AEST 1990

In article <66consult at physc1.byu.edu> consult at physc1.byu.edu writes:
>Is there a good graphics program available (paint/draw type) for Unix systems
>that will create pic compatible output (for use with troff documents)?

"cip" in the DMD "text/graphics" host software package, also available
as "xcip" for the MTG/DMD from the AT&T UNIX System ToolChest, does this.
The "proof" (or "xproof") troff postprocessor for viewing on DMD/MTG is
included, along with a large number of font bitmap files.

>The preferred environment would be for a Sun under SunView.  Next would
>be under X.

I thought SunView was on the way out..
"cip" has probably been ported to X-Windows, but I don't know how you
would get hold of that version.