plock()

Craig Campbell craig at attcan.UUCP
Tue Dec 11 07:42:06 AEST 1990

In article <Dec.9.18.47.25.1990.17008 at remus.rutgers.edu> mef at remus.rutgers.edu (Marc E. Fiuczynski) writes:
>Does anyone know have a man page on plock() funciton?
>As far as I know it is supposed to give a process very
>highpriority!!!  I remember seeing it used on a 3B2 running
>SVR3.2.1.
>--
>================================================================================
>Marc Fiuczynski                                 |       mef at remus.rutgers.edu
>						|       mef at klinzhai.rutgers.edu
>Rpo 5814, Po Box 5063                           |
>New Brunswick, NJ 08903                         |       Tel.: (908)/878-9388
>================================================================================

plock(2) - lock process, text, or data in memory

#include <sys/lock.h>

int plock(op)
int op;

Description

plock allows the calling process to lock its text segment (text locks), its
data segment (data lock), or both its text and data segment (process lock) into
memory.  Locked segments are immune to all routine swapping.  plock also allows
these segments to be unlocked.  The effective user iID of the calling process
must be super-user to use this call.  op specifies the following:

	PROCLOC	lock text and data segments into memory (process lock)

	TXTLOCK	lock text segment into memory (text lock)

	DATLOCK	lock data segment into memory (data lock)

	UNLOCK	removes locks.

I'm tired of typing......
stuff omitted.......

For return codes and reasons for failures, see the Programmer's Reference
Manual, section 2.

craig