Unix C routines

Greg Hunt hunt at dg-rtp.rtp.dg.com
Thu Dec 6 02:34:14 AEST 1990

In article <1990Dec5.051318.22071 at metro.ucc.su.OZ.AU>, andrew at ee.su.oz.au (Andrew Ho) writes:

>   I am writing an application for Unix X-window
> which requires the following routines :
>
>   (1) a routine that can return the full path
>       string of the current directory
>
>   (2) another routine to return all the file
>       names in the current directory
>
>   Are there any Unix built-in system calls to do so ?

There are C library calls that can do want you need:

Try getwd or getcwd to get the pathname of the current directory.

Try opendir, readir, and closedir to iteratively get all the names
of the files in a directory.

Of course, you'll need to check that your C libraries actually
implement these calls.  Enjoy!

Greg Hunt                        Internet: hunt at dg-rtp.rtp.dg.com
DG/UX Kernel Development         UUCP:     {world}!mcnc!rti!dg-rtp!hunt
Data General Corporation
Research Triangle Park, NC, USA  These opinions are mine, not DG's.