vi Alternative Required

John A. Weeks III john at newave.UUCP
Sat Dec 8 16:32:31 AEST 1990

In article <1616 at ukpoit.co.uk> ian at ukpoit.co.uk (Ian Spare) writes:
> Some of our users/developers have formed a lynch party and came into the
> tech support area this morining spoiling for a fight !!! They ( not me ! )
> feel that vi is hopeless and would like a better editor ( their words ).

I have heard that brief and wordstar are far superior to "vi".  After all,
vi is not even DOS compatible.  I suggest that do the following:

	cp /bin/vi /bin/wrdstr

Then open the file "vi.doc" (or what ever your online editor help file is)
and run the following vi command ":%s/vi/wrdstr/g".  Finally, mail a message
to everyone telling them that the new and improved wrdstr editor has been
installed on the system.

This should fix any complaints about vi ;-).  Then go back to doing
something productive with your limited time (or go out for doughnuts).

-john-