Time servers

James B. Van Bokkelen jbvb at ftp.com
Fri Dec 28 15:24:43 AEST 1990

PC/TCP's SETCLOCK.EXE will query timeservers over the net (something
makes me think the RFC was 768 - a simple UDP query/response).  The
MIT-CMU-Harvard PCIP distribution has the ancestral SETCLOCK.  As far as
I know, both programs require unaesthetic tinkering to deal with all the
world's daylight savings algorithms...

There is a p-d time server for 4bsd Unix, which we distribute on our
PC-800 freeware collection diskette.  I don't know how much effort would
be required to port it to streams, but the original program is only
about 200 lines of C.

James B. VanBokkelen		26 Princess St., Wakefield, MA  01880
FTP Software Inc.		voice: (617) 246-0900  fax: (617) 246-0901