dump multiple file systems on same tape ?

Olav Eide olav at nososl.UUCP
Sat Dec 8 02:05:51 AEST 1990

I am attempting to dump several (root) filesystems onto the same tape,
using the following syntax:

   dump 0ufsdn /dev/rmt14 10000 1500 /dev/gd0a
   dump 0ufsdn /dev/rmt14 10000 1500 /dev/gd2a
   dump 0ufsdn /dev/rmt14 10000 1500 /dev/gd4a

The dump proceeds nicely, but when I attempt to restore, all I find
on the tape is the first filesystem. No sign of the two other.
Dump also informs the that it is rewinding the tape after each
dump, but the time this takes is much too short for that to actually
happen. /dev/rmt14 does not do an automatic rewind. I have not found
anything in TFM to enlighten me, maybe anyone on the net can ?.

   Thanks!

! Nordic Offshore Systems           !  email :                             !
! Drilling Information Services     !  olav at nordic-offshore.no             !
! Ringsveien 3, Boks 185            !  voice :                             !
! 1321 Stabekk                      !  02-125580                           !
! Norway                            !                                      !