compiling 68000 code on a Sun 3

Jeff Turner jeff at uf.msc.umn.edu
Tue Dec 11 15:52:15 AEST 1990

In article <1990Dec7.145400.26717 at funet.fi> pl at news.funet.fi.tut.fi (Lehtinen Pertti) writes:

>	Most problems you will get with loader, as it is not very easy
>	tell it to start addresses for code and data, we used simple catenation
>	with 'ld -N' and sun default address (0x2000) happens to be ok for us.

The following LD command locates the code segment at address 0x10000 and
places the data and BSS segments immediately after it.

	ld -T 10000 -d -e _start -o output.bin  a.o b.o c.o ...

The addition of a "-Tdata addr" would allow you to locate the data and
BSS segments elsewhere (e.g. in RAM).

-Jeff
---
Jeff Turner                  Minnesota Supercomputer Center, Inc.
(612) 626-0544               1200 Washington Avenue South
jeff at msc.edu                 Minneapolis, Minnesota  55415