filtering incoming mail? :-|

root@research.bdi.com Systems Research Supervisor gdtltr at brahms.udel.edu
Tue Dec 18 06:00:38 AEST 1990

In article <SHAWN.90Dec17133759 at litsun8.litsun.epfl.edu> shawn at litsun.epfl.ch writes:
=>
=>Is it possible to somehow filter mail
=>so that any mail with a keyword in
=>the subject line is junked right away?
=>(sort of a junk mail filter i guess)
=>I want mail to work just like normal except
=>not have some come to me at all.
=>
=>I've aked a number of people and they
=>all tell me it's impossible.

   I believe that the .maildelivery support in MMDF and MH will let you do
this. MMDF supports it directly, while MH uses the ".forward to a pipe"
facility to call a program called slocal to process the .maildelivery .
You can specify exactly what to do with a message with a paritcular From:,
Subject:, etc. including piping it to another program, putting it in your
normal maildrop, and appending it to a file (e.g. /dev/null.)

                                        Gary Duzan
                                        Time  Lord
                                    Third Regeneration

                            gdtltr at brahms.udel.edu
 [|o o|]   Two CPU's are better than one; N CPU's would be real nice.   [|o o|]
  |_o_|           Disclaimer: I AM Brain Dead Innovations, Inc.          |_o_|