How to set up printer on SCO Xenix 386?

Mark A. Emanuele emanuele at overlf.UUCP
Wed Dec 5 14:54:43 AEST 1990

In article <13 at ivysoft.UUCP>, tonyl at ivysoft.UUCP (Y. Tony Lin of Ivysoft) writes:

> I am having problems to make the printer configuration work on Xenix 2.3.
> The following describes what works and what doesn't.  Please help me.
>
>       indicates "Scheduler is not running."
>

>       The problem seems to be the lp scheduler is not running.  So I use
>       the command
>           /usr/lib/lpsched [Enter]
>       to enable the scheduler as said by the manual.  After the command is
>       typed, the command is accepted by the system, but no response
>       message.  It just came back to the command prompt #.

I had a similar problem with an ATT 3b2 a few years ago.

It seems that there is a lock file in /usr/spool/lp called SCHEDLOCK

you need to get rid of this file before starting /usr/lib/lpsched

This SHOULD work.

Mark Emanuele

--
Mark A. Emanuele