machine names - is void a problem

John F Haugh II jfh at rpp386.cactus.org
Fri Dec 28 00:41:38 AEST 1990

In article <1990Dec23.012158.2831 at scuzzy.in-berlin.de> src at scuzzy.in-berlin.de (Heiko Blume) writes:
>renkel at motcid.UUCP (Will Renkel) writes:
>>I am located on a sun file server named "void".
>>I recently found out that some of my messages are not being routed
>>or responded to with the possible cause being the name "void".
>>Any word out there about such a possibility?
>
>that would be a BUG :-)

There is a system out there with the name "void" which is operated
by Cam Fox (hi Cam!).  Is it possible that your messages are not
being posted with the fully qualified domain name???
Ma Bell: (512) 832-8832                           Domain: jfh at rpp386.cactus.org
"While you are here, your wives and girlfriends are dating handsome American
 movie and TV stars. Stars like Tom Selleck, Bruce Willis, and Bart Simpson."