Accessing internet away from the University?

Robert Richards buc at jessica.stanford.edu
Sun Dec 30 18:40:11 AEST 1990

Is there a way to determine if a modem line with internet access is
available from a particular part of the country?  When I am away from
my local modem lines accessing my computer systems can become quite
expensive.  One area of particular interest is the 707 area code
region around the Petaluma and Cotati.

Thanks for any assistance.

        Rob Richards
        Supercomputer & Workstation Support Staff
        AIR

President Franklin Roosevelt once said, ``I think we consider too much
the good luck of the early bird, and not enough the bad luck of the
early worm.''