New product?

Bill Vermillion bill at bilver.UUCP
Wed Feb 14 00:54:18 AEST 1990

In article <22000005 at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu> gupta at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu writes:

>In today's Wall Street Journal there is an article about the new
>IBM machines (in the Marketplace section). It says that it is
>a fast machine and that IBM will be selling it for around $15K. Apparently
>the name is RS/6000 (continuing the long IBM tradition of
>user-friendly names :-).

Interesting choice for a name.  Wonder if they realize Radio Shack had a
series with that number.

I can just see it now.  "Hey I got a new RS 6000".  "That old Radio Shack
Dog!  Why not get a good machine!"

Actually the RS line started with the Radio Shack 16, and it became the Tandy
6000, but a lot of people still say they have a Radio Shack 6000!

                      : bill at bilver.UUCP