Damaged TAR tape

Stephen Matson stevem at katmandu.Solbourne.COM
Wed Feb 14 04:17:17 AEST 1990

   OK, Ok, I know.

     I should have put the write protect on, but I did not. And I
     should have made more backup tapes, but I did not.Now after
     I typed "tar -cvf" instead of "tar -xvf" I've lost some very
     valuable data. The tape went just long enough to erase the header
     and put an end of file marker at the start of the tape. I know
     the data I need is at the end, untouched ( I think).

     Is there any way to recover the last half of the tape ?
--
	     E-mail == stevem at Solbourne.COM
  "FRODO LIVES"                                "COLORADO!!"