troff on dot-matrix/bubble-jet?

Robert Barrell root at rdb1.UUCP
Mon Feb 26 23:36:41 AEST 1990

     I have seen some utilities which will translate troff output for use on
the HP Laser-jet printer, and some which will translate some special nroff
escapes for use on dot-matrix printers.  Does anyone know of any programs which
would allow the use of troff on dot-matrix (or bubble-jet) printers?
     True, these printers don't have all the functionality of a laser printer,
but it would be nice (for occasional work, not extended use) to be able to use
the dot-addressable graphics modes of these printers for something a little more
than nroff.  In particular, I'd like to avoid taking my xenix system down for
someone to run DOS for Venture Publisher or the like (although I don't know if
that would handle anything other than a laser printer either).  The Canon bubble
jet printers have very good print quality, and would be great for a quick troff
now and then.
--
Robert Barrell      | Bang: ...!uunet!lgnp1!rdb1!root   | Cody Computer Services
Milo's Meadow BBS   |   or: root at rdb1                   | 55 East High Street