fortran -> c converter: free!

jwe jwe at ut-emx.UUCP
Thu Feb 8 14:11:45 AEST 1990

In article <7484 at tank.uchicago.edu> phd_ivo at gsbacd.uchicago.edu writes:
| In article <8887 at unix.SRI.COM|, ric at ace.sri.com (Richard Steinberger)
| writes...
|
| + (echo filter f2c; cat file) | mail netlib at research.att.com

| + This allows the friendly machine at AT&T to convert a fortran file
| + named file to a c file.  [...]

| As far as I remember, the problem is that you need a library to run
| the translated code on a C compiler (the library handles the I/O
| calls). So, you can't simply run the code thru this site.

The source for the I/O and function libraries, the required header
file, and the complete source for the translator are currently
available.  As Richard said, for full details, send a one line message
of the form `send index from f2c' to netlib at research.att.com.

I only had one small problem in getting it to work here, and that
was my fault -- I didn't read the documetation carefully enough before
typing `make'.  Once I changed one #define, everything worked
smoothly.

--
John Eaton
jwe at emx.utexas.edu