interrupt driven sockets

James H. Coombs jhc at iris.brown.edu
Wed Feb 28 05:29:34 AEST 1990

In article <4597 at rouge.usl.edu> pcb at gator.cacs.usl.edu (Peter C. Bahrs)
writes:
> It is my understanding that if an interrupt occurs, some system calls
> will return and error (i.e. -1 for read, write, accept,...).  This means
> that ?EVERY? system call must be checked

Some system calls restart automatically.  In general, you need to check and
restart only for "slow" devices, such as terminals and sockets.  Have to
run---
check the man page for sigvec() and trace from there.

--Jim

Dr. James H. Coombs
Senior Software Engineer, Research
Institute for Research in Information and Scholarship
Box 1946, Brown University, Providence, RI 02912