Unix backup utility

Dan Nadir dan at gdwest.gd.com
Fri Feb 2 14:28:56 AEST 1990

We are considering purchasing a package called backup.unet.
Does anyone have any experience with it?
The people at Unitech (the company who makes it) claim
that you can run backups during the day with no data
corruption minimal network load.

We need to backup Silicon Graphics workstations and
Suns to 8mm tape drives.

My main question is: Can this software do what Unitech
claims it can????  They have been very reluctant to discuss
how their product is ACTUALLY working out in a real environment.

Thanks for any info.

Dan Nadir

P.S. We are currently using GNU tar... Great stuff!
(If only it could do backups during the day.....)
--
Daniel Nadir
General Dynamics Data Systems Division

Internet: dan at gdwest.gd.com