(none)

woodb!scsmo1!don at cs.umd.edu woodb!scsmo1!don at cs.umd.edu
Wed Feb 14 21:38:34 AEST 1990

To: mimsy!en.ecn.purdue.edu!stevew mimsy!brl.arpa!info-unix
Subject: RE:Same i/o on two terminals?

To: woodb!mimsy!brl.arpa!info-unix (Info Unix List),
	woodb!mimsy!en.ecn.purdue.edu!stevew
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 90 12:15:52 CST
From: don at scsmo1.UUCP (Don Ingli)

Yes it can be done and is simple to use...

RTM on the curses programming libraries for C....
This will allow you to control multiple ttys...

As for using UTS, as long as your not going through a 7171 and you
have terminfo/termcap for the terminal you are using there should be no
problem.  To test this enter the command    tput clear
If your screen clears then you can use curses on that terminal setup otherwise
you can't     :)!

I have a chat program called TALK.C for Sys V that uses curses and demonstrates
the 'technology' that you are looking for...  I will send it to you and anyone
who requests it.

--
 DON INGLI-United States Department of Agriculture - Soil Conservation Service
 INTERNET: scsmo1!don at uunet.uu.net    PHONEnet: 314!875!5344