BASIC for UNIX?

Robert Claeson prc at erbe.se
Tue Feb 27 03:12:54 AEST 1990

In article <9519 at portia.Stanford.EDU>, zimm at portia.Stanford.EDU (Dylan Yolles) writes:

> If I only had a BASIC for UNIX, I could do everything I need. Ideally,
> it would be able to use UNIX shell commands, too, and have decent
> string manipulation abilities.

At least two PD BASIC interpreters have been posted to some of the sources
groups. As for commercial BASIC's, there are quite a few of them. UX/BASIC
from HCR includes true ISAM file support (the interpreter is linked with
C-ISAM from Informix) and BASIC statements for many UNIX system calls. And
I'm sure there are a number of other BASIC's out there.

          Robert Claeson      E-mail: rclaeson at erbe.se
	  ERBE DATA AB