re-linked Kernel Size

Erik Ohrnberger ohrnb at edstip.EDS.COM
Fri Feb 23 03:58:20 AEST 1990

I have an interesting question for you Xenix experienced netters.
During the implementation of the pathalias package, I had cause to
update the Xenix Kernel such that the uname system call would return
the name of the site.  I did this by following the manual (going into
su mode running configure, then link_xenix, and then hdinstall).  Why
is the kernal, as documented below, be 30k (30,469 byte specifically)
larger than before? What is all added?

-rw-r--r--   1 root     root      342000 Feb 21 00:23 /xenix
-rw-r--r--   1 root     root      311531 Feb 21 00:18 /xenix.old

            Thanks,
                    Erik.
--
Erik Ohrnberger             Work: sharkey!edsews!edstip!ohrnb
2620 Woodchase Court        Home: sharkey!nucleus!echocen!erik

--
Erik Ohrnberger             Work: uunet!edsews!edstip!ohrnb